Everything You’ll Need For A Cozy Super Bowl Sunday
It’s that time of year again! That’s right, it’s time to host a Super Bowl party tomorrow. Whether you’re a die-hard Patriots or Falcons fan, or you just want to check out the halftime show and (hopefully) funny new commercials, the Super Bowl is the perfect excuse for friends and family to gather and eat copious amounts of (usually off-limits) snacks and food!
Regardless of your motive, here is everything that you will need to be a great host, while also being relaxed enough to enjoy the game itself.
You’ve probably already sent invites a few weeks in advance (we hope) but if you’re the impulsive sort who has decided just now you want a Super Bowl party, then don’t worry. Here are a few things to consider:
- Decide what kind of party you want to host. Are you going to keep it cozy with just your closest family or your best buddies? Or is EVERYONE on the list, including friends, neighbours co-workers and even your local barista or pizza guy?
- Invite your guests and make sure they respond promptly so you can get a headcount for food and drinks.
- Choose a time for everyone to arrive and ensure everyone knows it.
- Let people know if you expect them to bring their own drinks or snacks. On that note…
That’s right, the good stuff. After all, a Super Bowl party is just an excuse to eat as much delicious stuff as we can, isn’t it?
You might need to think about:
- The menu. Do you want to serve only appetizers and snacks, burgers and dogs, nachos, chili, sandwiches, or all of the above? And definitely don’t forget the wings!
- Making sure you have enough bowls for dips and chips
- Stocking up on ice and beer
- Ensuring you have plenty of soda too, as you can’t forget about those designated drivers!
Before the Game
Before you plant yourself in your La-Z-Boy for the game, make sure you’re going to be comfortable. This might involve:
- Rearranging furniture so everyone will see the TV and won’t block your view!
- Putting on your team’s jersey and creating an invisible barrier for any of your friends and family who cheer for the other (WRONG) team.
- Slipping on some comfy loungewear or sweat pants. After all, they were made for events like this!
And there, you have it. With these simple steps, you should be well-prepped to enjoy the game tomorrow, so all you need to do is sit back and relax. Stuff your face, embrace those sweats, howl like the wind at every bad call and laugh at the cute puppies during the halftime commercials.
Enjoy the party and the game!